What’s a graduation party without some themed food items? I love coming up with menu ideas that include a few occasion specific recipes and foods and graduation parties are the perfect occasion to stretch your wings and try some new things.
Below are some ideas and inspiration for you as you plan the menu for your graduates’ party.
Keep These in Mind when Planning Your Grad Party Menu
- If your guests are likely to be party hopping (going from one to the other), try serving light to heavy appetizers instead of a full meal. Your guests will appreciate being able to grab a bite while they visit but not being too full to continue on to their next party.
- An Open House type party works great if there will be lots of parties at the same time as yours. Set up the food buffet style so they can serve themselves whenever they show up. Select a few hours like 1PM to 3Pm or Noon to 4PM. Guests will be able to drop in anytime during those hours to wish your graduate congrats!
- Remember to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold to keep your guests safe from food borne illness.
- If cake is a must, consider a small sheet cake and then decorated cupcakes. The cupcakes will stay fresher. A cake that has been sliced can get dry quickly.
- Or, get a small sheet cake and then make a dessert buffet. Samplings of grandmas’ banana pudding, Aunt Rosie’s key lime tarts, and Uncle Phil’s world famous baklava will be a treat for your guests as well as involve the whole family in this happy occasion.
Graduation “Themed” Food Ideas
Here are some terrific graduation “themed” ideas for your graduation party menu… and don’t forget to stop by the Food Presentation article.
More Food Ideas for a Graduation Party
Now, just some great ideas for menus and serving that will make your graduation party the best of all of ‘em!
- Make a fruit / Veggie / Cheese cube display. These will feed lots of people. Have some crackers, fruit dip and veggie dip placed strategically (on ice preferably) around the display. Here’s a couple of photos (click links to visit the sources):
- Use a variety of heights, textures and serving pieces to create a visually interesting display. Buffetscapes are lots of fun to put together. It’s the same concept as creating a graduation memorabilia table. Look around your house and your grads bedroom. There are tons of themed items that can be used to create a beautiful buffet table!
Above all — Have Fun! Pre-school, middle school and high school graduations only come once. College graduations are another story — with multiple degrees you can host multiple parties!
NOTE: This article originally appeared on my old domain. It has been move to this new one.
Incoming search terms:
- graduation party ideas
- menus for graduation parties
- menu ideas for graduation parties
- graudation party food themes
- graduation party pinterest
- fruit designs for parties
- Graduation Party Dessert Buffet Ideas
- graduation menu ideas
- graduation ideas
- fruit table display ideas