After having been in the wedding and event industry for more than a couple of decades, I really get excited about something new for a DIY bride.
I have found a really cool way to add some "bling bling things" to your centerpieces and more for a wedding or any event -- diamond rhinestone ribbon. Simple, beautiful and affordable.
Though it would work for almost any theme, I can't help but think a vintage Hollywood themed wedding would look great using the diamond rhinestone ribbon to sparkle things up.
Bling Bling Things
It seems that most brides love the bling bling things that make a wedding sparkle. Rhinestones, crystals and diamonds can be very expensive but are usually the first options you think of for bling. What if you have a ribbon that looked like it was encrusted with hundreds of tiny diamonds or crystals? What if you could wrap it around different shapes and affordable items to give them an expensive look? What if it were affordable?
Diamond rhinestone ribbon is all those things and more. Don't forgo the bling bling at your wedding because you can't budget for Swarovski or real rhinestones. Diamond rhinestone ribbon will give you the same look for a fraction of the cost.
What can I do with Diamond Rhinestone Ribbon?
While the possibilities are only limited by your imagination, here are a few ideas to feed your creativity:
- Wrap the diamond ribbon around the stem of your bridal bouquet to make it sparkle along with your attire.
- Wrap candle holders with a band or even completely cover them for bling on the tables. The light from the flame will make it sparkle that much more.
- Cut small sections and create small bands to use as napkin rings for your guest tables
- Add some sparkle to your champagne flutes by wrapping the stems.
- Use them on your cake table to add some shine. Wrap the cake stand edges, add to flower vases or even use a band of it for the top edge of your table.
- Are you using pillar candles? Wrap some diamond rhinestone ribbon around the diameter of the pillars to dress them up.
- Dress up plain picture frames with this ribbon.**
- Use to decorate your card box. Completely cover it or just add a couple of bands, you decide. **
- Add some sparkle to your table number cards displayed on your table with the diamond rhinestone ribbon.
How is it made?
The diamond rhinestone ribbon is a pliable, mesh ribbon -- meaning it can be manipulated onto almost any shaped item -- with the look of encrusted diamonds or rhinestones at an affordable price. It is available in:
- black mesh with black crystal look
- black mesh with silver crystal look
- silver mesh with silver crystal look
- gold mesh with silver crystal look