Occasions for a Circus Theme
Virtually any occasion is perfect for a circus theme. Depending on the formality and the budget constraints, it is a perfect choice for:
- Birthdays (kids and adults)
- Graduation Party
- Prom or School Dance
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Wedding Reception
- Baby Shower
- Bridal Shower
- and much more!
Circus Theme Decorations
This one can get as crazy, fun and authentic as you want it. You can use just a few well placed theme decorated areas or make the whole event look like a circus.
If you have a strict budget, I would suggest choosing certain areas to really play up the theme. Think of focal points for your occasion. They could be:
- Cake table (Candy table)
- Buffet table
- Gift, prizes or take home treat bag table
- Pinata area
- Games area
or whatever other area your theme dictates you need. Now, think of a circus and all the things that go with it. These are your keywords and the ideas you can use to stimulate your imagination when it comes to decorating. You can recreate or use the “essence” of your keywords in your occasion decor.
From kids parties to adults, the circus theme can be adapted to fit the bill.
Kids Decoration Ideas
The backdrop could be used on an inside or outside wall to add to the circus feel. I wouldn’t put a table in front of it but maybe a popcorn machine next to it or bunches of balloons.
The entrance arch can be used at the front door, inside leading into the main party room or as the entrance to the outside. You could also put a table filled with foods or sweets under it for a great look.
This canopy tent can be hung above a food, sweets or cake table, a gift table or any other area that deserves special recognition.
The directional sign is just fun! Place it next to one on the big tops or the mural. Add a cluster of balloons.
- Create areas for games that can be set up like a Circus or Carnival Midway. If the party is outside, make games on both sides of an aisle and recruit friends, family and neighbors to run the games/booths. Games like ring toss, balloon pop, bucket toss, duck pond, goldfish toss and more! Place a couple of “food vendor booths” among the games and serve cotton candy, pop corn, ice cream, animal crackers and the like.
- Buy inexpensive prizes for game winners and make sure everyone wins at least one prize. Make 3 rings (3 ring circus) near the bog top mural or one of the canopies and use this area for food, drinks, coloring, etc…
Adult Decoration Ideas
You can use some of the same ideas as above (themed entrance and table canopy) and add a photo booth with some cool props. Think mustaches on a stick, clown noses and silly hats for the photo booth. Use a mural or fun fabric was the photo backdrop.
Make sure you serve fun carnival and circus foods like corn dogs, curly fries, pop corn, cotton candy and peanuts in the shell (of, course!), Craker Jacks and more! Use vintage circus posters around the room or venue to add to the circus feel.
String white lights back and forth across the ceiling area. Add pennant flag banners in between. Make circus centerpieces for special tables or guest tables, depending on your set up. Make miniature big tops to use around the room, venue or outdoor area.
Here are some cool decor ideas you can use for an adult party — and some of them you can save to use at home after the party is a memory.
Incoming search terms:
- carnival decorations
- circus canopy
- decoratingfor a fundraiser using a carnival theme
- miniature tabletop circus tent