I love to find new serving pieces for dessert tables. They are so versatile -- after the wedding, you can use them for years to come for family get-togethers, Holiday parties and special occasions like graduations and birthdays.
More and more brides and grooms are moving towards dessert buffets in addition to a smaller cake. The presentations can knock your guests' socks off and offer them more in the way of sweets at your reception.
Dessert Table Tips:
A few fun ways to make your dessert table stand out and be memorable for your guests is to use gorgeous serving pieces. Make your dessert table a work of art or decor, as it were. A couple of tips:
- Use different shaped tables -- Dessert buffets look fabulous on round, horseshoe, serpentine and square tables as well as a traditional rectangle table.
- Use all sides for serving. Instead of baking your table to the wall, make it a focal point with access from all sides. This makes the decorating fun!
- If you use a round or oval table, arrange it in a "geyser" formation. That is, the center of the table will hold the tallest item and work down to table level on all sides.
- If you use a rectangle against a wall, make a fun backdrop with fabric, paper banners or tissue poms and balls -- just anything that will make a great background for your desserts.
- Remember, different heights is important for ease of serving themselves as well as being visually pleasing.
- Have fun!
Image Credit: Michael's Cookie Jar